Home / Forums / Westfalia Register Forum / Writer Blocks: Charting Dez Season, Zeke Attitude, CB Depth More

Writer Blocks: Charting Dez Season, Zeke Attitude, CB Depth More

Home / Forums / Westfalia Register Forum / Writer Blocks: Charting Dez Season, Zeke Attitude, CB Depth More

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

FRISCO, Texas – It not often youe presented with such wildly different ideas of what a team might be.That the main conclusion I keep coming to after watching two Cowboys games this season. It normal to see teams win and lose games, given the parity in the NFL. The Cowboys are 1-1, which means theye exactly like 12 other teams in the NFL right now.What wild is the way we got here. This team has a lopsided, dominant victory under its belt, against a team that made the 2016 playoffs, for that matter. It also got utterly thrashed by a team that didn make the postseason last year — though I think we can all agree Denver has been one of this league better teams for quite a while now.It reminds me a little bit of the beginning of the 2014 season, when the Cowboys were utterly demolished by a San Francisco team that made the NFC Championship Game the year before. They bounced back the next with week a dominant Uzoma Nwachukwu Jersey, 26-10 win on the road, but it not a perfect comparison because it did come against a Tennessee Titans team lacking in the talent department https://www.cowboysfootballfanstore.com/Cowboys_Tony_Dorsett_Jersey.In the 16-game grind of the NFL schedule, it normal not to know a team identity in September. I don think wee going to have a good grasp of what the Cowboys are for at least another month or so. But it is definitely off-putting to see such completely opposite performances at the outset of the season.As is usually the case, the reality of the situation will likely fall somewhere in between.1. My favorite thing about writing a column on Thursday is that it actually gives me time to look around and inform myself. I hate firing off hot takes I not 100 percent sure about, and I refuse to do it. Because of that, Il often set out to write one thing and wind up doing the exact opposite, thanks to the benefit of added information.Case in point: it confusing and alarming thatlamented the way Ohio State coaches called the game.”What happened today, it was kind of like a bad, bad dream. Offense had a rough day, and I’m disappointed https://www.cowboysfootballfanstore.com/Cowboys_Kadeem_Edwards_Jersey,” Elliott said at the time. ‘m disappointed in the play calling, I’m disappointed in the situations we were put in, and I wish it all played out differently.”Those comments became national headlines and became a topic of debate for days, if not weeks.And all of that stemmed from a game in which Elliott, Ohio State workhorse running back, carried the ball 12 times for 33 yards and a touchdown.So now, put all of that in context. Up to this point in his decorated career, Ezekiel Elliott worst-ever game as a starter saw him carry the ball for 33 yards in a touchdown. Now consider that on Sunday, Elliott carried the ball nine times for eight yards and caught four passes for 14 yards.The guy who carried Ohio State to a national title and rushed for 1,615 yards in his first NFL season accounted for 47 all-purpose yards in what is probably the most lopsided loss of his career.At the end of the day, it still an excuse. But I can appreciate that Elliott was incredibly frustrated on Sunday, and thus didn exactly want to sprint after an interception that happened right in front of him.No, it not a good look, and yes it something the coaches will talk to him about. But I not going to kill the guy for succumbing to human nature James Hanna Jersey.5. Ie pounded on this drum a few times since the draft, and I just going to touch on it right now. It feels fitting in the wake of such a poor performance in Denver.I know he only a rookie, and I know he missed the majority of the preseason. But I sure would like to see if Ryan Switzer is capable of bringing a new element to this offense.I don want to suggest that Lucky Whitehead was an elite playmaker, but it fair to say that the misdirection he brought to this offense with his fly sweeps was worthwhile. Even when he wasn getting the ball, he was giving defenders a reason to hesitate.As quick as he is, Ie got to believe Switzer is capable of doing something like that. I also think he can help you combat a talented secondary like Denver, since putting him on the field with Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley would create a favorable matchup at least somewhere.Of course, it not as simple as I make it sound. In that scenario, you have to take someone off the field – either reigning rushing champion Ezekiel Elliott, or future Hall of Famer Jason Witten. This Cowboys offense has a lot of weapons, and not a lot of touches to go around.Still, it something I be interested to see at some point.6. I have to admit that I a bit of a hypocrite here. Just like the rest of the world, I play fantasy football. I in a league with my buddies from home, and I devastated about how mediocre my team is.That said, I can be the only one that gets so tired of having fantasy football injected into every NFL conversation I have these days. I so unbelievably exhausted by everyone fretting over whether someone will play, and I grossed out by people who root for players over teams.So I was super stoked when Detroit wide receiver Golden Tate called out a fan for whining about fantasy stats in the wake of a big win.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.